Thermana & Veda Ayurveda Center Laško
Additional 5 % discount for Thermana Club Golden Card holders!
Ayurveda is a system of traditional medicine, which originated in India. It treats in a holistic way, it teaches you how to live in harmony with nature and helps you live a healthy life. Ayurveda covers all aspects of health, as it promotes physical, mental, emotional and spiritual well-being. It explains how our thoughts, diet and lifestyle affect our physical condition.
Here you will find our more about Yoga in Thermana Laško.
Read more and book
Download the Brochure in PDF...
The modern lifestyle leads to a growing number of medical hardships, inconveniences, diseases. In taking care of our health and well-being we are increasingly going back to the ancient traditional methods, which, in spite of the passing of the centuries retained their healing properties. All the more, the eastern wisdom is increasingly gaining validation in the western world. This includes Ayurveda, with in its comprehensive approach already helped many people regain their health.
- Our team consists of professional, experienced, reliable and highly motivated staff: therapists, a yoga master and an ayurvedic chef.
- Focus: detoxification, relief of pain, yoga and meditation ...
- Indications: general health and regeneration (detox, weight reduction, strengthening of body defenses, regulation of intestinal flora, prevention of ageing discomforts), heart and blood pressure diseases, diseases of digestive system, rheumatic diseases, metabolic diseases, skin diseases (eczemas, allergies, neurodermitis, psoriasis), headache and migrane, functionally produced pain, psychosomatic diseases, insomnia, restlessness or irritability, depression or anxiety, gynecological disorders, menopausal syndrome, menstrual disorders ...
What is Ayurveda?
Ayurveda is a system of traditional medicine, which originated in India. The word ayurveda is composed of the words "ayus", which means "life" and "veda", which means "knowledge", "science". Ayurveda or the "Science of life" treats in a holistic way and teaches a person how to live healthy and in harmony with nature. It covers four aspects of the human being: the soul, the mind, emotions and body. Throughout history, Ayurveda remains an influential health-care system in South Asia. The basic principles of Ayurveda are based on universal laws of nature and the mutual interaction of man and nature, and therefore through the millennia development principles remain the same. The Ayurvedic lifestyle consists of a certain diet, regular and moderate exercise (yoga), meditation, relaxation, breathing exercises and other techniques, which should help harmonize man's mind, body and spirit.
Ayurveda is based on three basic forces, known as doshas. Vata, Pitta and Kapha are the main elements of the body on which our health depends on. They are present in every cell of our bodies, but also in our psychological well-being, ways of communication and perception of the world. In the literal translation they mean air, bile and mucus, in a wider sense, however:
- Vata is dry and dynamic and provides for the movement, excretion, respiration and speech,
- Pitta is hot and oily, and is responsible for body temperature, hunger, thirst, energy and our will,
- Kapha is heavy and slimy and takes care of perseverance, strength, stability and "lubricates" the joints and body cavities. The three doshas are present in all human beings, but usually one dosha dominates, sometimes two. Given to the dominant dosha different body types are known (Vata type, Pitta-Kapha type, etc.). According to the prevailing dosha, different body types (vata, pita-kapha type, etc.) are known. When the doshas are in imbalance we may experience inconveniences, nuisance or illness. When the doshas are in ratio, a person is healthy.
According to Ayurveda there are three main causes of disease:
- incorrect identification of the intellect with the "I" and "mine",
- the abuse of the human senses for pleasures, desires, greed, and selfishness,
- inability to adapt to seasonal changes in nature, causing stress, impairment of digestion and imbalance of doshas.
Massages and Treatments
Massages and Treatments
|Service||Duration||Price||Buy gift card|
According to the Ayurveda traditions, in addition to what we enjoy, the manner in which we enjoy it play an important role. During nutrition we often think about problems and obligations, which is why our digestive energy is directed elsewhere. Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of proper digestion, which is a source of health. A balanced Ayurvedic meal is enriched with herbs and spices, which enhance the taste, stimulate the digestive fire, improving the digestibility and absorption of the ingredients. With the correct combination and the amount of food eaten at certain parts of the day, you can maintain inner balance or even correct the imbalance that has occurred during the period when you were living unhealthy.
- do not mix raw and cooked food in one meal,
- do not enjoy freshly prepared food together with remains of food,
- eat slowly and chew every mouthful well,
- one day a week devote to consuming only liquid foods to improve digestion and clean the intestine,
- do not drink very cold water,
- do not eat three hours before bedtime, because of the negative impact on sleep and digestion,
- negative thoughts and feelings during the preparation of food affect the foods quality, so never criticize food during preparation and consumption.
YogaAyurveda and yoga are inherent. Yoga means "unity" and is the science of life and the oldest comprehensive system of personal development, comprising body, mind and soul. It is based on five fundamental principles: proper exercise, proper breathing, proper relaxation, proper diet and positive thinking and meditation. Yoga is a unique method that combines movement with breathing and meditation techniques to calm the mind and our provide emotional rebalancing. In Thermana Laško we offer traditional Indian yoga, which is adapted to the knowledge and abilities of the practitioners.
360 ViewThermana & Veda Ayurveda Center
Would you like to book your dates?
Fill in the form below
Wellness Spa Centre Thermana Park Laško
|+386 3 423 20 45||Information and Reservations|
|Every day: from 9.00 to 9.00||Opening Hours|
Health and Beauty Centre Zdravilišče Laško
|+386 3 734 57 71||Information and Reservations|
|Every day: from 8.00 to 21.00||Opening Hours|