As nature moves out of the cold, wet, dark winter towards spring, the pulse of life quickens and the earth warms. Nature makes it look smooth, but for us human's it is not as easy to make transition from one season to the next, especially from winter to spring. We find ourselves feeling heavy and sluggish.
- To enjoy a healthy spring, one should bring KAPHA dosha into balance.
- When Kapha is out of balance, one will feel sleepy, mentally dull or depressed & one may experience excess phlegm in lungs or sinuses, nausea, unhealthy weight gain, water retention etc.
The best approach is eating lighter foods, practicing PRANAYAMA, MEDITATION etc.
- Massage your skin with warm SESAME OIL.
- Day time nap is not recommended.
- To rejuvenate lungs: take ¼ teaspoon of pepper mixed in honey, twice a day.
- To support liver: which is vital to detoxification, take ¼ teaspoon of turmeric with 2-4 table spoon of aloe vera juice.
- Enjoy spicy herbal tea through out the day with the combinations like corriander/cumin/fennel or ginger/black pepper.